A 50-Day Study of the Holy Spirit

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 10 - The Holy Spirit Is Omnipotent, Omnipresent, and Omniscient


Zechariah 4:6
So he said to me, “This is the word of the Lord to Zerubbabel: ‘Not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit”’ says the Lord Almighty.”

1 Corinthians 2:9-10
However, as it is written: “No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him”—but God has revealed it to us by His Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

Psalm 139:7-8
Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
Just as God the Father is all-powerful, everywhere, and all-knowing…so, too, is the Holy Spirit. Just as I acknowledge that our Father is present wherever I am and knows everything I do and think, so I must acknowledge the Spirit’s presence and knowledge and power. That’s so vast, isn’t it?
Wikipedia defines some physics of sailing. Under “Energy Capture” it says this:
The energy that drives a sailboat is harnessed by manipulating the relative movement of wind and water speed: if there is no difference in movement, such as on a calm day or when the wind and water current are moving in the same direction at the same speed, there is no energy to be extracted and the sailboat will not be able to do anything but drift. Where there is a difference in motion, then there is energy to be extracted at the interface, and the sailboat does this by placing the sail(s) in the air and the hull(s) in the water.
Now let’s examine our spiritual movement. Would you characterize your spiritual life as a ship plowing through the water with the wind billowing in your sail? Or do you find yourself disappointed that others seem to be moving on while you are adrift?

Let’s consider the power of the wind of the Holy Spirit:
  • Always Present (Omnipresent)
  • Limitless Power (Omnipotent)
  • Perfect Guidance (Omniscient)
When we take advantage of the Holy Spirit’s presence, power, and knowledge, we—as vessels—extract energy from the Spirit. Let’s try this today. Let’s look for a decision today where we can take direct advantage of the presence, power, and wisdom of the Spirit.

2 comments:

Cyndi White said...

Thank you for this = which is an answer to my prayer. This year Holy Spirit had me write a book on Him - Please Receive Your Healing From Heaven - and now He is leading me to write a two-pager on worshipping and honoring Him. I know that He is omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, but I needed more wisdom as to how to communicate this to folks. Bless you! Cyndi white

Cyndi White said...

Thank you! This Day 10 is an answer to prayer. Holy Spiit had me write a book on Him this year - Please Receive Your Healing From Heaven. Now He's leading me to write a two-pager on worshipping and honoring Him. I knew He IS omnipotent, omnipresent, and omniscient, but I needed more wisdom as to how to communicate this fact to folks. Bless you! Cyndi White